Make this your homepage
City information Urban Transport Car Dealers Real Estate/Rentals Universities Movies
Maps of Faisalabad City Railway Bike Dealers Banks Colleges TV Channels
Statistics of Faisalabad Air Lines Hotels Hospitals Schools Sports
Place of Interest Travel Agencies Restaurants Clinics Book Stores Fashion
 

History of Faisalabad City

Before Independence

The city of Lyallpur , multicoloured jewel of the lower Chenab organization area, came into being in 1880. The city which is now well known as "Manchester of Pakistan" for its industrial activity, was nothing but a desolate tract of land 100 years age. It did not rain here for weeks together and when it rained, the water vanished in the city land in no time. There was no village nearby.

The villages of Dodiwala and Paokianwala which shelter thousands of inhabitants these days, were nothing but a group of a few cottages. Pucca Mari was place of rest for those who travelled from district Jhang to District Lahore. It was in 1885 that the Deputy Commissioner Jhang, on his way to Lahore,broke his journey
near the Theh of Pucca Man'. The Deputy Commissioner after resting for a while set out for walk, along with the Tehsildar of Chiniot, towards the west and returned quite late in the evening. He spent the night and rode for Lahore on the next day morning.After about 6 months, there dawned a morning when the Then of Pucca Mari saw some government officials pitching tents and making other camping arrangements. In the evening, there arrived the caravan of Deputy Commissioner, the Colony Assistant of Jhang and their subordinate officials. All the barren and desolate tract of land situated to the west of Pucca Mari was surveyed and marked here and there in three days. In the beginning, there was only a few huts and cottages nestled beside the Theh of Pucca Mari. Later with the construction of Chenab canal, more and more people were attracted. The proper city was founded in 1892.The Tehsildar of Chiniot, recommended to name this township after PuccaMar but the Deputy Commissioner Jhang prevailed upon him at the name of the then Lt. Governor of the Punjab, Sir James Lyall, who let it be named .after him. The famous Philanthropist, Sir Ganga Ram was assigned to draft its plan. After approval of draft Sir Ganga Ram was given five squares of lane as reward.

In 1895, the rail link between Wazirabad and Lyallpur was effected. The building of Railway Station wanted time, therefore, a Goods train wagon served as Lyallpur Railway Station. As the progress ol colonization stepped up the Lyallpur was given the status of Tehsil of District Jhang and its administration carried on the tents on the old Theh (Mound) of Pucca Mari near Tariqabad.The Majestic Clock Tower of Lyallpur was constructed out of the funds raised by the Zamindars who collected it at a rate of Rs. 18 per square of land. The fund thus raised was handed over to the Municipal Committee which got it completed.

In 1902, the population of the town had exceeded 4,000. A considerable number of houses and shops to cater to the ordinary needs of the population had constructed.

In 1903, decision to have an agricultural college was made. In the very next year, 1904, the new district of Lyallpur was constituted comparing of Tehsils of Lyallpur, Samundri and Toba-Tek-Singh with a subtehsil at Jaranwala which later turned into a full fledged Tehsil.

In 1906, the District Headquarters began to function at Lyallpur and all the bazars and mohallas within the bounds of circular road were nearing completion and city began to spread outside the circular road. The Town Committee which has come into being in 1904, was upgraded as Municipal Committee in 1909 and Deputy Commissioner was declared to be the lst Chairman.In 1916, the grain market saw its shops surging with customers. In the same year the civil Hospital was expanded. With the advent of the world war II, the political awakening sprinkled its influence over the city. Revolutionary meetings were held. Fiery speeches were made. slogans were written on the walls.

In 1943, the late Quaid-e-Azam came to Lyallpur and addressed a gathering of over 2 lakh in Dhobi Ghat Grounds. And, on March 3, 1947, when Pakistan was accepted as an independent unit, the Muslims of Lyallpur held special prayers and distributed sweets and food among the poor.

After Independence

After the independence, the city of Lyallpur marched rapidly on the path of progress. The city which had so far been known for its grain market, became a great commercial and industrial centre. The population of the city which in 1901 hardly touched the figure of a few thousands soared up to lacks. Medical and educational level was lifted up. In 1977, the name of the city was changed to Faisalabad, after the name of the late king of Saudi Arabia, Shah Faisal-bin-Abdul Aziz. In 1985, the city was upgraded as a division with the districts of Faisalabad, Jhang and Toba-Tek Singh.


BISE Result [2017-Faisalabad]
BISE Result 10th Class [2017-Faisalabad]
BISE Result 9th Class [2017-Faisalabad]
 
PEC Result [2013-Faisalabad]
PEC Result 5th Class [2014-Faisalabad]
PEC Result 8th Class [2014-Faisalabad]
 
 
 
Copy Right © 2017 CITYFAISALABAD.COM All Rights Reserved by SEEK Solutionz.